I have lived, worked, and played in San Leandro for over 30 years. My Certified Public Accountant practice has always been based in Downtown San Leandro. San Leandro is my home.
I have walked the talk:
- Served 8 years as a SLUSD School Board Trustee, Board President 2001, overseeing the passage of the first School Bond measure in 1997 that began our reinvestment in San Leandro’s public schools.
- Been a 20 year active Director of the San Leandro Downtown Association, producing many community events, including the Sausage and Suds Music Festival, It’s a Wonderful Night, and BikeSL celebrations, as well as hosting the Downtown Farmers Market.
- Served over 25 years on the Bay-O-Vista Improvement Association Board to help preserve and improve our neighborhoods.
- Worked with the Community Education Foundation of San Leandro (CEF), the predecessor to the San Leandro Education Foundation (SLED) to provide additional funding to our local teachers.
- Worked 10 years with the Asian Community Cultural Association of San Leandro, and the Wa Sung Community Service Club to promote the Asian cultural heritage, bridging the gap between Asians and the East Bay community. In 2007, I traveled to China as part of the Yangchung Friendship Delegation representing the ACCASL, the San Leandro Chamber of Commerce, and the City of San Leandro.
- Served as President of the Rotary Club of San Leandro to support the Boys & Girls Club, Davis Street Family Resource Center, Building Futures for Women and Children, SLHS students, and Educate2Envision International (a local non-profit bringing education to the most rural parts of Honduras).
- Worked with the San Leandro Sports Foundation to promote the renovation of Burrell Field so our local youths would have a venue to hold the Citywide Track Meet.
- Served as a Chartering Director of the Asian Pacific Democratic Caucus, created to encourage and promote Asian Americans for public office.
As your City Councilmember I will:
- Work to preserve and improve our police, fire, and City services
- Get our roads fixed
- Push for the transit-oriented development and pedestrian friendly sidewalks for our milennials
- Implement the Shoreline plan
- Recruit innovative businesses
- Make Downtown a Local Community Destination, THE place to be.
It takes proven leadership on the City Council to make this happen. I have a proven leadership track record.